NZAMI have a number of benefits that are only available to NZAMI members. Some of those benefits are listed below
NZAMI Cell Groups
NZAMI Cell Groups offer members the opportunity to work together and grow their knowledge and expertise, at no cost (aside from what they chose to pay for food and beverages), and include these meetings in their NZAMI CPD records.
The purpose of NZAMI cell groups is to develop members and increase their knowledge and proficiency, with the goal of all being competent and professional in the immigration industry. It is also there to help remedy issues members may be experiencing as there will be attendees with a great deal of experience and expertise is differing areas.
Attending NZAMI Cell group meetings will also contribute to members CPD.
ONLY NZAMI members are eligible to claim CPD hours for attending Cell Group meetings, and the hours will be included in each individual member’s NZAMI profile page for ease. The IAA is also able to confirm these CPD hours with the Secretary of NZAMI by requesting copies of sign-in sheets and the Agenda of meetings to verify member attendance etc.
Points to note:
- Any NZAMI member can start a Cell Group and please refer to item 3 of Regulation 8
- Any Cell Group can invite a non-NZAMI member along for 2 meetings so they can see the benefit of Cell Groups; after that time they will need to either join NZAMI or abstain from attending future Cell Group meetings
- Cell Groups are there to bring together members in a non-threatening environment to discuss cases and issues and share experiences and knowledge
- Cell Group meetings are there to help you get to know those involved in your profession
- Use these Cell Group meetings to identify issues that you might have that may be prevalent throughout the membership but have possibly remained under the surface. NZAMI can then consolidate and present as one major issue
- Your involvement counts towards your CPD and will be incorporated into your CPD record on the member side of the NZAMI website
- You can invite other Cell Group members to attend your group if you are discussing a similar topic
- We have worked hard to assure the IAA of the CPD relevance of these meetings, and can confirm that NZAMI Cell Group meetings will continue to be included as CPD.
Professional Indemnity Insurance is now available for the industry
This has been tailored specifically for the needs of Immigration Advisers and a very competitive membership only price has been calculated for NZAMI members.
In addition to the PI insurance and inclusive in the standard fee the following liabilities are covered, thus all the normal liability issues are covered in this policy:
- General Liability
- Statutory Liability
- Employers Liability
- Internet Liability
Please note this covers both advisers and non-advisory staff employed in your business.
More information can be found on the Information Sheet and documentation found here:
- Information Sheet
- NZI NZAMI Proposal Form (Application form)
- NZAMI – Cover Overview
- NZI Liability Claims Examples Booklet
A fortnightly eNews is sent to all NZAMI members and is full of information that is valuable to anyone in the immigration industry. All back editions are also available for reading on the member side of the NZAMI website.
Free or Half Price events
You may note in the 'CPD Recordings Available' that we sometimes offer free or half price CPD events for members only.
Lower cost CPD events
Attending or purchasing the recordings of any NZAMI CPD events, including the Annual Conference, is much cheaper for a member vs a non-member. You can compare those costs under the 'CPD Recordings Available'.
There are also a number of documents including contact lists on the member side of the NZAMI website. We will endeavour to keep growing our benefits and very soon will be opening a member only forum for general discussions.